Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
Delivered via a mix of virtual workshops and online independent learning, the course provides:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support.
- An understanding of how to keep yourself safe while performing their duties.
Completing the course will qualify you as a Mental Health First Aider and each participant receives a Mental Health First Aid manual and a certificate of attendance.
How the course is delivered
The course is delivered through 4 virtual weekly workshops lasting 2 hours 30 minutes. Each workshop is delivered via the Mental Health First Aid (England) online learning platform. You will need to attend each workshop to pass the course.
In addition to the virtual workshops, you will have self-directed learning to complete before each workshop via the online learning platform.
Course start dates:
Tuesday 8th June 2021 (4 weekly workshops 8/6/21, 15/6/21, 29/6/2021, 6/07/2021)
Monday 12th July 2021 1pm – 3:30pm (4 weekly workshops 12/7/21, 19/7/21, 26/7/21, 2/8/21)
More dates coming soon.Book Now