Established in 2021 as a response to needs identified throughout the COVID 19 pandemic, Connect is a listening service for people experiencing mild to moderate mental health symptoms.
Who is Connect for?
Connect is open to anyone aged 18 or over residing in Cheshire who has been experiencing mental ill-health and would benefit from regular telephone support from a listening service.
What does Connect offer?
- Provide you with encouragement to assist you in maintain or improve their mental wellbeing
- Support to build confidence, self-esteem and self-belief
- Support to implement coping strategies
- Helps to combat loneliness and isolation
- Empowers you to manage your recovery journey and maintain mental wellbeing beyond Chapter
How is Connect delivered?
Connect is delivered through blocks of 6 one to one telephone sessions with a Connect Volunteer. Sessions usually take place weekly or fortnightly and you can access more than one block of sessions depending on your needs. The service operates Monday to Friday between 10am and 7pm.
Connect volunteers undertake a comprehensive induction and training programme and often have their own lived-experience of mental ill-health.
How do I access Connect?
To access Connect you can complete an online referral. Chapter accepts self-referrals and referrals from professional working with individuals affected by mental ill-health.